Friday, April 28, 2017

Sketching people

I have been in the practise of doing art almost daily until and unless I am travelling. I like to paint more than I sketch but in the last couple of days I am sketching more because I have been travelling and all my supplies aren't easy enough to carry. And know what I am enjoying this process too!

People are one of the most interesting to observe. Sometimes our own detached selves! It is interesting not only to note the expressions and mannerisms but also the fact that what we perceive would be different from what they really are. Every person would have parallel stories taking place in their lives. Not all stories would be known to the people knitted in their lives; each story known perhaps to a certain number of the close ones alone. It’s amazing when you think how many stories are going on right at this moment in this whole world. Truth is stranger than fiction!

Except for the first and the last the rest are from life. The first one is a reproduction of Jenny Halstead which is the picture on my Derwent charcoal box. The last one is an image I came across in google. The rest from pictures I shot. I had bought a moleskine some 2 years back and wasn't brave enough to use it lest it should go wrong!! Finally, it's moleskine time! Second and third are on Derwent sketch book.

These are called E26 series named after the number of our residence in Dubai.


E26-Sketches1-HuesnShades


charcoal, pen and pencils

So, what's going on at your end? What do you like to capture? What do you carry while travelling - pens, pencils, paints?


9 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow these are truly wonderful. Have a very nice weekend.

Giggles said...

People are so interesting and you have captured them wonderfully!! The stories are always what make people so rich with character!! Great post, enjoy your travels!!

Hugs Giggles

Latane Barton said...

Excellent. I am leaving tomorrow for the beach and I have my bag packed (clothes and such) and another bag packed with my art supplies. I couldn't see going without them.

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Great portraits! :)

Viola said...

Lovely sketches. Right now I focus most of colors and shapes when I'm painting.

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Wonderful!
I carry my tatting needles and threads. I feel it comfortable to tat while travelling. Most of my tatting works are made while I was travelling.

Ravish Mani said...

Lovely sketch, Deepa. The second para is quite insightful and thought-provoking.

Bikramjit Singh Mann said...

Lovely sketches ...

I try to carry my camera these days hoping t ocapture ... but i am failing at the moment.


Bikram's

Jyotirmoy Sarkar said...

Fantastic drawings.
Once i used to do painting but left this coz i found no creativity in myself though tried a lot. I had a great desire to draw human figures....and this will remain my dream in this birth.
I really appreciate the people who can draw human figures.