Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fantasy Friday - Myli, The L'tl Angel


An angel was born in Light Years Away land long long ago. She was named Myli. Myli was a free angel born to the Star mother and Meteor Father.

“She is a child of fortune,” everyone said.

Myli was a curious l’tl angel. She jumped from one star to another exploring her new found world. Her sparkling and inquisitive eyes reached everywhere. She loved daisilies and adorned her hair with them every morning. As girls are, she loved pinky pink too. Her fluffy golden hair danced as she leapt and flew; and wherever they dropped a silver star was born.

ps: 'Myli', the name was suggested by L'tl A, my l'tl daughter:))
Most of the time such stories comeout when my l'tl one pesters me for more and more tales and when I am exhausted of any from the books and when I am tired to read out.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats lovely.. You can start writing a book for kids.. wow!! (inspired by your young one!!)

Lynn Cohen said...

Cute....

Deepa Gopal said...

@ Pat, I've always pondered on that possibility:))

@ Thanks Lynnie:)

Unknown said...

Sweet :)

Nalini Hebbar said...

beautiful story and great digiart...you should publish children's books...these fairy tales are so in with kids of ages...including me!!!LOL

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

your work is too pretty..
Lakshmi,celebrations decor..

Sarah Of Sweden said...

Oh Deepa you are very talented. I love your sweet Myli.
I like the story very much. Looking forward to see more of Myli.

Have a nice day.
//Sarah

illustration poetry said...

you're back???
back from where exactly?

Aniket Thakkar said...

You know they teach this stuff in Child psychology colleges. How to use art to teach and inspire kids.

You are most certainly blessed with the talent. You should totally create a picture book for kindergarten kids. :) There are many schools who can't afford the books from big publications. You can target the niche market.

Deepa Gopal said...

@ Evelyn, I find it sweet too:)

@ As I said I really ponder on it at times when I feel ideas bursting inside me...but haven't sat down and materialized it yet...
Thanks for the appreciation:)

@ Thanks Lakshmi:)

@ Sarah, I am totally in luv with Myli too...and I am glad u liked it.

@ Aniket, The master writer,giving me compliment is something!!! Thanks a ton,Ani:) I think what u said is definitely a gr8 idea...hmmm should come up with something like tht...infact I always wanted to illustrate such short tales for my daughter.

Vineeta said...

This is very sweetly written :)

yoon see said...

Full of fantasy and so adorable!
Love...Love

Bella Sinclair said...

WOW, Deepa! This is so BEAUTIFUL and full of magic! I love her twinkly soft glow. She is absolutely angelic. Yes, yes, yes, you should write and illustrate a whole storybook for her.