Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Fo the Part one, Click HERE

First of all Thanks a zillion for the response which truly was overwhelming...
As promised here's my next list of simple art that could add colour to your romance...


The picture took time to load and then wen it happened it looks like this:(
Anyways, these are the self-ink stamps, roller and the single hole puncher apt for bookmarks.

You could make these bookmarks easily by cutting strips of paper of your choice.
I've used textured chart paper again, cut them into 4cm * 13cm size and then glued nice lovable quotes, stamped them with heart and roses and finally looped a satin thread.

Do you like it???

You could even take your glass candle holder and stick it with heart stickers and light it up in to add glow to your love.You could even cook some fav dishes of his or hers and then have a tea light candle dinner :))

Draw some hearts on a glass using glass liner and fill it with glass colours and glue some shiny, sparkling stones



This is out and out a kids' craft...
Make a heart with dough and let it dry, you can even bake it.
Here,I've not...I just let it dry and then painted it with acrylic colour;
let it dry again and then added the satin ribbon.
I made this for my daughter, L'tl A!
She was too pleased to receive it:)))



*image courtesy Google*

Apart from these, you could even gift some fav knick-knacks of your partner...
arrange it in a small basket say of bamboo or wood or anything that can hold the stuff.
Place His/Her fav chocolates, drink, candies, chips etc. anything that'll please your sweetheart:)

Hope you have a nice time with your Valentine...

Wishing you all a
A HIPPY YIPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

19 comments:

illustration poetry said...

ah.
i see :))
so, welcome back! :))
and happy valentine's day ok!

xxoo

Julie said...

I LOVE the bookmarks!!! I must try and make some...I love to use them!!! Happy V- Day to you and Lil A!!!

Deepa Gopal said...

Hey Thanks Indira:)

Deepa Gopal said...

Julie, even I do...I try different bookmarks. I think I should devote a post on it...tht was in my line but now I think shud come up with them soon:)

Swaram said...

Gr8 ideas yet again .. loved the bookmarks :)

Lynn Cohen said...

So many hearts...HVD to you and yours!!!

Deepa Gopal said...

Thanks Swaram and Lynnie:)))

studio lolo said...

Hi Deepa!

Lots of love going on on this blog ;)

You've made lots of wonderful things and have so many good ideas!
I also love your cactus wren below.

Have a wonderful Valentine's day!!

L.A. said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your kind words were appreciated!

I enjoyed exploring your latest posts. The card with the cupid shooting hearts was my favorite although all were wonderful.

Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Lori

Nalini Hebbar said...

very creative I must say

GlorV1 said...

That is really nice Deepa. That would make great gifts. I love the book marks. You have so many talents. I really like the idea of filling up a basket, looks great. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week and hope your Valentines Day was great.

Karan Agrawal said...

For me 5th and 9th one...

They look amazing... ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Deepa
Happy Valentines Day!!
ps. lovely colourful fun blog!

magiceye said...

wonderfully innovative!

Aniket Thakkar said...

Still hunting for a partner. May be next yr these posts would come handy. Keeping my fingers crossed. :D

Seema Kozhithody said...

Deeps, dear.. I stopped by today to have a look at the Valentine's Day book mark created by u... It's so beautiful, especially the 1st and the 3rd ones and also the heart shapes on the glass and the candle holder are very very pretty...I liked it a lot.. Above all, ur illustration is so simple that it prompts someone who has no taste for art also to create something like that... so ur a good teacher too! Keep it up, pal...

Me said...

Whoa!! :D

Seema Misra said...

Hey these are cute pretty stuff and much better than just picking something from Archies ...

i like the dough idea - used to do that as a kid n i used to paint it with nail polish colors as ants used to eat the color if i used poster color ...

and thnx for visiting my blog ... haven't had time to do more twenty min challenges ...hope to get to it sometime soon ...

Emreen said...

Love the personalized bookmarks... Love the heart made from dough too....