Monday, February 1, 2010

Cactus in Warli




A quick cactus sketch. Cactus in Warli...if you remember I had done some Indian art on ATCs  where I had painted some rural artforms of India. I had done two Warli paintings too. For the past few days I've been too indulged in pondering on Indian folk art and I grabbed this occasion to take my cactus and place in Warli from where Warli painting originated.

I know I am incorporating something that doesn't belong there...but that's an artist's liberty.

Happy Cactus Monday!

For more cactus pics, do visit Teri.

11 comments:

Margaret Ann said...

A happy little piece! HCM! :)

Viviane Vieira said...

I love your drawing!
Thanks for your visit.
HCM!!! ;)

Teri said...

It has a very southwestern feel to this. Really wonderful Deepa!

HCM!

Unknown said...

These drawings are just delightful. Love the influence of the pictographs. HCM. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. Take care, Judy

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

Lovely paintings

GlorV1 said...

Happy Cactus Monday to you too. I love them, great work. Have a great week Deepa.

yoon see said...

Hello deepa,

Lovely celebrative scene:)
Happy Cactus Monday to you!

Me said...

I find it more cute ;)

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you all dear friends for your encouraging comments:)

Hari said...

I am an Engineer and art for the most part is rocket science to me. But I do like the paintings. The roof for some reason looks like a baseball bat to me :)

Deepa Jagarlapoodi said...

the cac pics are lovely...artists liberty cannot be stopped :)