Friday, January 8, 2021

Digital Collages and a poem

I have often being told that I should stick to one medium and one way of painting as that would be easy to define and create a signature style of one's own. But I can't seem to be do that, I have tried many times and failed, miserably to my amusement. One of the reasons could be because I am self-taught I find everything fascinating. I love working on multiple mediums; that holds my interest. Most of the techniques and mediums I come across and that I find appealing I wish to try it - just try it at least once. Also I have phases like for acrylic, watercolour, glass painting, pen and ink and so on. The current one is a mix of water colour and gouache. I have been in love with gouache since I found them. I also like to mix and use materials, maybe I can term them as mixed media though I don't use papers, fabric, found objects etc. on it (I intend to but just not now).

The ones in this post are digital collages of my different watercolours and gouache paintings with one or two images. It was actually a submission for a well-known exhibition that was held recently here in Dubai but, unfortunately for me, were rejected. 

The last one is a poem that I wrote recently. As many of you who follow my work may know that I like to paint as well as write.

Welcome to all the new faces who are visiting today. My first post this year, hoping the best for everyone.

Details of some digital collages and a poem:

Digital collage1 HuesnShades


Digital-collage2-HuesnShades


Digital-collage3-HuesnShades


Digital-collage and a poem-HuesnShades


Do you have such phase or do you stick on to one technique? Do you experiment? What are your thoughts on it?





30 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

I totally understand what you said about sticking to one medium, I do the same. Love your painting. Anesha x

Gillena Cox said...

Wonderful art and poem. Happy New Year

Much🎄love

Granny Annie said...

Everything I do is experiment. Thanks for the poem and your beautiful work.

by EAGHL
https://trigra.blogspot.com

WendyK said...

Lovely art, I work with anything and really like to experiment with new mediums. Lovely poem as well.

LA Paylor said...

I try new things but do have a style somehow...
love your ladies and the poem
LeeAnna

Linda Kunsman said...

Lovely portraits Deep, and your poem is so beautiful! I love moving around in different mediums. Self taught like you there's always something to explore, but mixed media has to be a part of it for me:) Happy PPF!

Christine said...

Beautiful art and poem!

Joy Murray said...

I paint mostly in acrylic these days, but I never abandon things I've tried and I like to try new things. I like to combine collage and painting. If I ever tell myself to stick to one medium, I immediately want to do something else. You're doing amazing work!

Rain said...

Your art and words are wonderful! Well...I can't stick to one medium...I kind of go from one to the other then find my favourites...then switch back lol...I started with oil painting, then switched to acrylic, then watercolour...then tried coloured pencils, ink, charcoals, graphite, pastels...I think I'm more into ink and charcoals lately, but I'm yearning for my watercolours again!

DVArtist said...

Happy New Year dear friend. I must say that these pieces are just wonderful. I am with you, I like to create with all kinds of mediums. Have a wonderful weekend.

Clare Lloyd said...

Super art

A Hundred Quills said...

I would say that about writing. I see people work on one genre and read one kind of books and either turn into poets or horror writers or romantic writers. I find it hard to fit into one mould. I'm fluid and it totally depends on what catches my fancy on one particular day.
Lovely work Deepa and insightful words.
Sonia

Soji George said...

Amazing art and poem. You have that "Deepa's touch" in your creativity. That's what I feel make it unique and attractive. Wishing you a very 'creative' year ahead

Anita Sabat said...

Great, Deepa! Positive ending too.
Hope triumphs once more!
The feathers will surely help it soar!

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you Anesha. I know most of them are able to follow it while I can’t seem to😊

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you Gillena! To you too❤️

Deepa Gopal said...

That’s cool. Experiments are essential for breakthroughs every now and then. Thank you Eaghl😊

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you, Wendy and Touché ❤️

Deepa Gopal said...

That’s awesome Lee!
Thank you.

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you, Linda. I can see how much you have come to love mixed media. I have seen your tremendous growth! Love your art❤️

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you, Christine.

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you so much, Joy.
Like you, I never abandon the things I have tried to. Oh, I know that feeling 😀

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you, Rain. Oh, how wonderful it sounds to try all those right?!! I start missing one medium or the other after a while and so I keep switching. One medium I don’t miss and I haven’t worked on much is oils (for some reason).

Deepa Gopal said...

Happy New year and Thank you so much Nicole. ❤️

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you, Clare.

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you so much Sonia.
You said it “fluid”, that’s what I feel too. I can’t seem to constrain myself into one mould. I can see that in your writing too, the fluidity.

Deepa Gopal said...

Thank you, Soji. Aww thanks dear! You always inspire me with your words! Ever encouraging, that’s what you are!

Deepa Gopal said...

Thanks Anita. Love what you said.
Yes, Hope needs to triumph for humanity’s sake.

Tomichan Matheikal said...

Great as usual

rupam sarma said...

So beautiful